As specified in Section 24 of the SS Law, it is necessary for job applicants to present to their employers a valid SSS number before they can be considered for employment. And for those who are first time job applicants, you must first secure your SS number before applying for a job vacancy. And to do that, you may personally apply at any of the SSS offices near your area or you may initially apply online and submit the documentary requirements afterwards. To apply for an SS number online, just follow these simple steps:
- Fill up the Applicant Record Verification form found HERE and press Submit.
- A link shall be sent to the email you provided which will enable you to continue with your SS Number application. Note: The link shall expire in 5 days and once it expires, you will have to repeat the first step of the registration process.
- Once the link is clicked, you must supply all the required information.
Be sure to review and correct your electronically filled out registration form. Once an SSS Number is already generated, you will need to go to the SSS Branch to correct your information.
- After clicking the “Generate SS Number” button, the system will display your SSS number and an option to print their ePersonal Record and SS Number Slip. You will also receive an email confirmation which indicates your SS number, a copy of your SS Number Slip and other instruction to complete your application.
- Print the Personal Record Form, SS Number Slip including the SSS Number Application Confirmation email body sent to you by the SS Number Issuance System.
- Go to your nearest SSS Branch and submit the required documentary requirements together with the SSS Number slip.
- If married, bring a copy of your Marriage Contract
- If you have child/ren, please bring a copy of your child/ren’s Birth Certificate
- For Non-Working Spouse, your working spouse must sign before his/her name on the printed Personal Record Form. The signature of your working spouse signifies that he/she agrees with your SSS Membership.
All applicants for membership must fill up SS Form E-1 and submit it together with the original and photocopy of any of the following primary documents or any two (2) of the secondary documents (one of the two secondary documents should be with photo and date of birth) is acceptable:
Primary Documents (only 1 is required)
- Seaman’s Book
- Driver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card
- School ID
- Company ID
- Credit Card
- NBI Clearance
- Postal ID card
- Police Clearance
- Marriage contract
- Senior Citizen Card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Life Insurance Policy
- Health or Medical Card
- PHIC Member’s Data Record
- Pag-Ibig Member’s Data Form
- Transcript of School Records
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- ATM card with the cardholder’s name
- GSIS Card/Certificate of Membership
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Card
- Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit
- Birth/Baptismal Certificate of children
- Membership card issued by private companies
- Certificate from Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate from Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) card
- Company Representative Authorization Card issued by SSS
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- ID card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay/Municipality/City)
- Fisherman’s Card issued by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- Temporary license and Student Permit issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permit to carry firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosives Unit of the Philippine National Police (PNP)
- ID card issued by professional organizations recognized by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA)
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Document/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from the Maritime Industry Authority
- ATM card and certification from the issuing bank that the account number belongs to the cardholder, if the card does not bear the cardholder’s name
Note: All the original or certified true copies of the documents you will submit must be presented for verification.